Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• I played this class these days in rofl in our guild runs. I'm slowly getting used to it I think and it's pretty fun. It felt a bit weaker than before (played it once some months ago), but I was still able to compete with our better dps players now.

In my eyes the class is balanced well, but yes, lacks a bit in multi target burst - which can be compensated by using the "severed awareness" in the trash, which works better there than punishment from my experience, since you can't do the punishment combo there. But still is not solving the aoe problem... maybe by adding a 10-15% aoe damage effect on the "end of thoughts" buff, which would let the soul crusher benefit from?

But yes, the new soul fang feels very bad. Maybe remove the travel distance delay from this one?

• I also agree on removing the travel distance delay for Soul Fang.

From my understanding, the reason for the change of this skill was that it felt really akward to use before (because of the gcd). Now that you can cast it with 0.5 and no gcd this makes the flow of skills this class uses really nice (similiar to the Warmage Skill-change "Electrical Rage"(thanks for that btw, feals really good :D)). But having to cast the skill twice (which everybody will because,lets be honest, no one plays dps without any form of addon/macro/whatever(at least in endcontent)) feals worse than the previous version.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• Warlock in general:

Would it be too much to ask for the removal of the gcd trigger of Beasthowl(id: 498547)? It is really important to be used in large trash groups as it does dmg and helps trigger Soulcrusher after the rework. 2 of the other aoe spells are casts anyway and the skill has a 30s cd.

Another idea would be to remove the movement speed decrease from the lvl 99 ISS Traces of the Void(id: 491191).

This helps a little bit with positioning and mob kiting which in itself is a cool mechanic. It also makes it just a worse version of the lvl 98 mage ISS so it wouldnt be too strong or anything. As a compensation the duration could be changed to 20s as in the mage variant of the skill.

~kind regards Noodlez

• Hi

I personally don't like the change that the warmage skill "Electrical Rage" is now a cast.

The fact that it's a cast really don't feel good in the gameplay and you can't make an autoattack while you cast the skill.

Also the range of it is only 50 so you can't use it while you are running to the next mob.

Also there is a problem with the aoe-skills which all costs percentage mana and doesn't make really fun.

I know that there are heals which can restore mana but you run out of mana way too fast.

At the moment nobody plays warmage so maybe it would be nice if the skill "Electrical Rage" will be a non-gcd-skill.

In big pulls the warmage is fast out of mana so maybe you could remove the percentage mana cost of the skill "Whirlwind" or change the costs to less than 5%.

Maybe with these changes the warmage will be playable.

Greetings

• I completly disagree (but that is just my opinion).

First, Autoattacks are the least part of a Warmages damage after the changes and while its true that you won't use a AA during the cast, the fact that a) Electrical Rage does indeed deal damage and b)before you had a gcd which resulted in also not dealing any damage. So in conclusion the way its now this class deals more damage than before (in theory AND in praxis because yes, I've played this class numerous times in rofl after the changes.)

Regarding the %-mana skills. As I said in a different post, "Magic Fruit Pie" and a decent heal and you have no mana problems whatsoever. I never run out of Mana and I only need 1 heal that can restore Mana (often times both heals can do this). And this is fine imo because this game is designed for teamplay so I think its ok to rely on other ppl in order to bring your maximum damage.

Anyway, I like the way the Warmage is currently because if you play well togerther with your party this combination is still a pretty decent dps (not op, but certainly not "trash").

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• I was checking new s/m numbers and there is something I don't understand. Here are the data.

All skills are higher % in mdps but not in the same proportion which is what I don't get why.

Single skills: pdps vs mdps

Fire shot: 352 vs 760 = 216% better

Vampire Arrows: 398 vs 868 = 218% better

Joint Blow: 750 vs 1650 = 220% better

Flame Arrows: 478 vs 1062 = 222% better

Combo Shots: 490 vs 1072 = 219% better

Snipe: Byte already said why these numbers

Aoe skills: pdps vs mdps. Here always in all mdps, aoe skills have a 40% reduction on their numbers so I will apply that too just in case.

Piercing Arrows: 564 vs 709 = 126%. With extra 40% reduction, 76%

Incineration: 160 vs 264 = 165%. With extra 40% reduction, 99%

The inferno: 400 vs 880 = 220%. With extra 40% reduction, 132%

Why are mdps aoes that low compared to single skills? That make me think 2 things.

1. Class will have broken single dmg and normal aoes.

2. Class will have normal single dmg and 0 aoes.

Any explanation would be lovely :*

• can you do other things pls? pls stop with this balance for 3-4months for me this is big problem 2much changes in short time

Future of Chronicles of Arcadia

PvP Rework: planned for Q3/Q4 2020.

New Worldboss: planned for Q4 2020.

PvP Rework: delayed for Q1-2 2021

New Worldboss: delayed for Q1 2021.

New Worldboss: delayed for Q2 2021.

PvP Rework: delayed for Q2-3 2021.

When new WB and housing patch?

• Agree . I was waiting for the pvp patch too .

• Hello there

As i think Grox said once, different people do different things, so balancing process don't have to have something with other features. ;)

another thing, plz nerf m/s somehow he still overperform (in my opinion) compared to other mage class combos. :D

Greetings

• Yes but as i undrstood it will be much better to play as mdps ,but maybe i am wrong , but still, why one more mdps, like it alredy doesnt have to many other combos, from druid,from warlock,mage,scout even knight . They could rework S/k for example so more ppl can play that combo .

I agree that every combination should be playable and that's ultimately also the goal of this whole balancing, but don't forget that every mage plays roughly the same.. With leather you can play rogue or scout, and among those the subclass combinations play very differently. So while we may get an extra combination to play, S/M is the first combination that's different from just standing there and casting one skill.

Mage:

- M/P => Tide Burst spam

- M/S => Flame spam

- M/W => Flame spam

- M/D => Mother Earth's Blade spam with the occasional Mother Earth's Wrath every 3rd cast

- M/K => Holy Light Strike spam

- M/R => Cursed Fangs spam

Warlock:

- Wl/S => Severed Consciousness spam

- Wl/M => 4x Soul Pain into Soul Brand Sting spam

I don't count S/Wl here because it simply doesn't keep up from my tests.

Haven't tested Wd/D since the pet buff.

So yes, plenty of combinations to play with magic gear, but they all feel like one and the same since all you do is spam one skill after buff up.

And don't get me wrong, mages are super strong.. but what they gain in strength, they absolutely lack in fun to play.

Life is an enigma, and all we can do is our best to figure out what it means.

• It does not matter what you change, you will always spam the strongest skills. Some classes have something extra like the M/D you mentioned so you forgot some things. The rather monotone rotation comes from the cast mechanic, which has always been a staple in runes of magic and should not be changed in my opinion. The "skill" is about correctly timing the buffs and ISS in the right order. The playable Wl classes all spamm different skills while bursting, so i dont know where you are coming from.

~kind regards Noodlez

• Basically any combination is the same, you always press 1 or sometimes 2 buttons for your rota(s). The amount of skills included there don't matter at all. Even if you use some kind of cast combo like D/Wl, doesn't matter, your combat engine deals with it. A player doesn't need any skill to play that game, just a good gear, some knowledge about the class and timing things and someone who writes the best lua files. End of story, change my mind.

• Mage/Scout

• Reduced Flame Spirit magical attack scaling to 30% from 50%, magical damage stays same.

Was this nerf intended to be that huge? Pet went from sustain 11kk to barely 4kk... is doing a bit more than a cenedril.

Is a 50% nerf on pet dmg and 10-12% in overall, is too big imho. This class is getting a nerf every 2 weeks and is reaching the dangerous point of becoming useless if this keeps going nonstop.

• Warden/Rogue

• Changed Walker Spirit to Broken Asymmetry; Your skills will inflict damage again by using your offhand weapon, and increases 1-H weapon damage by 8%.

You seriously want to force warden/rogue to have 1h weapons? Cause if that is your intention i would say that this is hilarious, unnecessary and infuriating.

• Warden/Rogue

• Changed Walker Spirit to Broken Asymmetry; Your skills will inflict damage again by using your offhand weapon, and increases 1-H weapon damage by 8%.

You seriously want to force warden/rogue to have 1h weapons? Cause if that is your intention i would say that this is hilarious, unnecessary and infuriating.

In my opinion, this is what this balance is all about. Seasons for new connections where you need to make new weapons. At the beginning, the connection will probably be too strong, people will make weapons and it will be weakened.

This was the case with almost all connections that were rebuilt.

And for me it's already irritating and this balance and character rebuilding takes way too long.

• In my opinion, this is what this balance is all about. Seasons for new connections where you need to make new weapons. At the beginning, the connection will probably be too strong, people will make weapons and it will be weakened.

i don't think classes that are using rare weapons such as gun, 1h axe or weapons that aren't related with the main class etc are getting weakened. r/ch, s/ch, r/w, w/r, d/w are still top tier dps in my opinion.

Warden/Rogue

am i missing the part that they disallowed using 2h weapons on this class or you have an advanced math behind this objection? because warden don't have passive % damage for 1h weapons, 1h axe has 15% lesser dps than 2h sword and offhand weapons have 30% lesser damage from passive which i believe will make both option be similar. i don't see any way that 1h weapon would be necessary, but would be just an option.

Wardens damage shouldn't be more dependent from pet cause pets are dying to easily.

however if we have to talk about wardens, first of all i would suggest you to find a tank who can hold aggro of pet which has -75% aggro buff on it, then play wd/m which has almost same skill set as any other warden and quite overperfoming if you didn't like that they are letting wd/r equip 1h weapons.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• In my opinion, this is what this balance is all about. Seasons for new connections where you need to make new weapons. At the beginning, the connection will probably be too strong, people will make weapons and it will be weakened.

i don't think classes that are using rare weapons such as gun, 1h axe or weapons that aren't related with the main class etc are getting weakened. r/ch, s/ch, r/w, w/r, d/w are still top tier dps in my opinion.

My point is that they are always exaggerated at the beginning. And as for these classes, most of them were already too weak, only got reinforcements again. Read the latest changes :)

• Warden/Rogue

am i missing the part that they disallowed using 2h weapons on this class or you have an advanced math behind this objection? because warden don't have passive % damage for 1h weapons, 1h axe has 15% lesser dps than 2h sword and offhand weapons have 30% lesser damage from passive which i believe will make both option be similar. i don't see any way that 1h weapon would be necessary, but would be just an option.

I just want to have an answer from developer in which way this change will be going. Of course after this one change it won't be necessary to have 2x 1h weapon but i'm afraid that it will not end with this one particular change. That's all my friend :)

• am i missing the part that they disallowed using 2h weapons on this class or you have an advanced math behind this objection? because warden don't have passive % damage for 1h weapons, 1h axe has 15% lesser dps than 2h sword and offhand weapons have 30% lesser damage from passive which i believe will make both option be similar. i don't see any way that 1h weapon would be necessary, but would be just an option.

I just want to have an answer from developer in which way this change will be going.

they are just adding "1-h axe requirement" to use skills when they want to force player to use 1-h axe, like they did in past for r/w, it isn't something new

so i don't think that is the actual intention.

imo letting wd/r use 1h axe is something good for warrior/rogue players because 1h axe is a weapon with least usage in game in terms of class combo quantity. i mean you can play 9 dps class if you have 2h sword for example, but with 1h axe you have/had only 1 class in chains.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• Hi,

one suggestion for Rogue/Champ. Let the Power Mechanism be an aura around the player like you did with warrior/warlock, but with less effect on raid member (2-3% instead of 5%). Right now, the Power Mechanism is useless while running phases / trash phases

Greetings

• Hey there,

Druid/Warlock

• Reduced Nature’s Poison cooldown to 2 seconds from 6.

I think that change is a step in the right direction. But i think that this 3 stack combo is a bit much then, with 2sec of cooldown. Maybe it would be good idea to change the stack seize for the full dmg down to two?

Greetings Nethrandiel

• Quick Idea for Scout/Mage

Please Change Incineration(1491046) to have an indicator in the Actionbar when it is running ( not only as a buff you first have to "search" ) , same like other Scouts autoshots have .

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

• Scout/Mage

The Frost Arrows skill is now useless for both physical and magical S/M, since Windarrows is not existing. So by clicking on the buff, an error is displayed. Maybe add the Flame Arrows to the Frost Arrows condition or change it so that it's usable? Something like "Melting Arrows" would make sense, bcz shots are hot enough to melt the target, which results into a slow? :D