Most boring PVE-Content i have ever experienced on CoA

• Hey community,

i am interested in the communitys opinion about current pve content.

basic acknowledgment: Features like reworked ISS, Balancing, new elite skills combinations, 64-Bit Client are making CoA a unique game experience - i want to make that clear

But all this, which takes alot of time and resources for sure, cannot even the horrable pve content.

I hate Rofl. For me it is the most boring, unfunny custom instance i have ever played on CoA. Additionaly to that the ultimate-gear-grind mostly forces us to run old instances, we old boys ran for years now. (yes you can craft every core based on earth, but that instance is cancer)

My second problem is, and this is still existing since Gorge. Endgame instances are lasting way too long. Gorge lasted for 2 years, and guys, remember, it has a reason why normally you farm lower set in one, upper set in another, accessory maybe in a third instance. So you dont have to farm 1 instances for too long.

Every people have their own opinion and I bet there are some and still active players that love this content, but i experienced a massiv loss of players, mostly because of the boredom.

Greetings

• Hi,

I can understand your point of view. I already had the same opinion at the official server about "instances lasts too long", but I realized, that newer player and player, which are playing only 2-3 days a week need the time to catch up.

Yes, for the daily high end grinder it is very boring. Since the class balancing and hard pushes of classes it is more boring, because RofL feels like a hack and slash game. I know that they will not more than half every dps damage ^^.

But maybe for the daily high end grinder it is a possible way, if they would implemented an instance mode harder than hardmode, like I wish in an other thread.

That could motivate more, if it is really really hard and based on ultimate gear for example. I don't know whether this would be better for our motivation or not, but I totally can understand your point of view. Image RofL lasts for more than 1 year from now on with the same difficulty o.o

Kind regards

• Thanks Kalypso for opening this discussion, I feel like this was overdue yet noone thought about doing to until you did. :thumbup:

To share my point of view on this topic:

I totally agree with your point of view, all these quality of life changes, performance improvements, balancing efforts and overall great community support and management make this server really worthwhile.

The current "endcontent" however just makes me worry.

I myself like the instance in its basics very much, considering design, length and up to certain point also bossencounters and trashmobs.

It had the potential to be great content, fun AND rewarding to play.

However as Lutine said, for proper endcontent there had to be another, higher difficulty. The current normalmode could have been an easy one, current hardmode should have been normal and a hardmode should have been implemented months ago, by now it is too late for that I guess.

It was a ton of fun to clear and further discover this instance, farming it is just a pain.

Compared to gorge way too many guilds are/were farming it (relative to the entire playerbase!), having a huge (imo negative) impact on the games economy.

We all agree that gorge was too slow paced and there for too long, however there were good reasons for it being like that, so I guess its fine, but rofl is just way too fast paced to be healthy for the server.

Many bosstactics are fun to play in my opinion, just not entirely thought through to the end, to keep them fun and challenging for regular runs.

Some examples:

RNG at b1 just sucks, especially in small raids with only 2 or 3 dps it takes several minutes of just waiting for correct buffs+chests, where tanks and heals literally can go afk, especially after latest class-changes (Chain of Life OP). There should be some logic for spawning chests according to remaining buffs on bosses.

This starts to annoy players right at the beginning of the instance.

b2 is just a joke compared to b2 in gorge. Failing movement and coordination at Iglis was punishing the whole raid, Khat does not even kill the players who fail to move. This is not what you call a "hard mode".

b3 has similar issues as b1. Apart from one dps at a time and the tank, everyone can go afk, all one healer needs to do is start a makro healing the tank and go afk too. There should have been more about the adds (which only were added post-release), forcing the raid to continously kill them, keeping everyone busy during the bossfight.

b4..well...burstbosses shouldnt be a childrens firecracker.

b5 strongly suffers from the automization its tactics allow and also from him and his adds taking too much and dealing too low dmg.

Overall everything in this instance still dies way too fast and we observed and shared that as feedback right after release, way before we started building new gear.

I know some players in Sâcrêd have way above average gear, making certain things easier and faster for us, but being aware of that, we almost never run with a full raid, but with max. 4 dps, so technically our dmg-output is halved compared to what it could be. Strong gear does not compensate for that. And still everything does die way too fast.

And all this does not change how we play bosstactics in the end, them being for me the main reason why rofl is boring AF.

Also building gear is too easy, at this time of year almost noone had finished gorge gear the year it was released, now most players running rofl are done with their ultimate gear, which was supposed to be something extra rewarding only for the most active ones. Not to mention how many players have already finished red gear.

According to this fact, the next instance would have to be just around the corner, otherwise the whole ultimate gear and its concept simply fail their purpose. A worldboss alone will not help here at all, unless you can kill it multiple times a day (what I doubt) or killing it to be really, really hard and time-consuming (which I sadly also doubt), it will not be able to substitute rofl for the daily player.

Furthermore I am worried about how to properly balance future content for all players, those with ultimate gear and those without. Content suited for ultimate gear might be too hard for red gear, vice versa.

I agree that players already are tired of rofl (myself included), you can see that in them being less active as soon after they finished their gear, less runs done compared to a few months ago, which itself can be seen in prices for rofl stuff slightly rising again.

So I hope that our gamedesign and dev teams have learned from the mistakes they made with rofl and its many flaws, otherwise future PvE and the server itself are doomed.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to read other players opinions and experiences, maybe even from some who did not run rofl from the beginning, but started here later and have their own perspective on current "endcontent".

Cheers! :)

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

Edited once, last by melodic ().

• Thanks for opening this thread Kalypso, a long overdue discussion indeed !

That being said, running rofl rather feels like a daylie grind nowadays instead of a fun instance-experience.

While I do like the idea of a hell mode, I think that additional content apart from rofl would be great. Hence I'd suggest implementing more nostalgia instances in the meantime.

Preferably Kulech Bone Nest, Veiled Crypt of Kashaylan, Belathis Fortress & Tomb of Seven Heroes. Each of this instances could drop one of the four non-rofl cores, which would reduce the overall amount of rofl runs needed for golden gear (assuming most players mainly downgrade their rofl cores for the others).

• Hello i am reading lately alot of forum learning lots of stuff exploring etc,and i can totaly agree that rofl is rly easy atm to do it and yes economy is rly bad atm cuz everyone can do it and items stats are rly cheap.U can do rofl whit starting gear so i think thats not a good thing for end game content. Ive noticed lots of ppl stoped playing when Ultimate gear is finished which is not so good,i see lots of new players coming on server which is rly good but they also finishing gears rly fast.Red gear is cheap and easy to obtain. I think if noting change in pve which i hope it will not happen this wont last long at all. Wish i can find these days party for Gorge or Hodl which i didnt run for so long time since none wanna do it at all any more since we can craft cores which in other hand i understand. I rly hope for some changes in future,and i think its now kinda late to change dificult of instance or to make like harder mode for rofl since most of server population finishing gear,maybe to make next ini harder.

Cao Elipso :D

• I like Serenadaes idea.

Maybe you could add a new hard mode (call it hell mode as suggested) for grafu, kulech or tosh, where you can get Gorge core and gorge stats. That would be pretty nice, maybe motivating, if done well

• Official Post

Greetings,

Thank you all for your explanations and suggestions.

We want our players to get the most fun experience of our custom content, all of your suggestions and ideas will be discussed.

Best Regards.

• I agree RoFL is a boring instance, and design of the golden gear is questionable, but at the end of the day I think the devs need to realize that releasing content once per two years or so (or even longer) is not ideal. This leads to active ppl losing interest and leaving, we see this all the time. New ppl come too, which is great, but we need to have active content that will keep old and new players engaged.

I would much rather prefer every year to have a smaller instance released that would cover part of the gear slots (e.g. upper sets, lower sets, accessories sets) with new weapons every other year or so + have some increases in stats so that ppl can remake part of the gear if they desire restat older pieces.

The instances for one year could be harder mode from nostalgia instances as was mentioned above + new custom made the following year. BUT, if you do make it, it needs to drop something worthwhile gear-wise, else like other nostalgia intances, no-one would bother running them. Implement a smaller complimentary set that ppl will want to get from a nostalgia ini, idea that ppl will keep running new (harder) nostalgia for the sake of it is not valid, after few runs ppl will stop.

• Nevertheless I am looking forward to read other players opinions and experiences, maybe even from some who did not run rofl from the beginning, but started here later and have their own perspective on current "endcontent".

Alright, here I am, started about 2 months ago again after my 3y break, came back and found an entirely new game, which was awesome. New classes, new content (i missed gorge and rofl at all) and even new guilds and players. Glad the server still exists and runs as in my past. <3

Just gonna throw my 2 cents into this discussion as a returning player and (main) tank at Pulse. ;)

That being said, running rofl rather feels like a daylie grind nowadays instead of a fun instance-experience.

That's literally the thing I thought about rofl after my first few runs. It didn't feel like Tikal in those days or Inferno on release, it was more like "the dumb thing you need to do every day" to get the best progression in gearing. Maybe it was more the influence of my guild, that felt bored already when I entered the game again, but however, i wanted to make my own experience. :/

After almost completing my first golden gear and a lot of very intense runs (most with guild, less random), I think better about ROFL than most others I guess. In my personal opinion, a tank can have much fun in that, depending on which class you play. As a knight/rogue you'd probably get bored after a few runs, but if you try other combinations, that throw some other mechanics into the raid, such as crowd control, you can have a completely different view on the instance. For example trying to let noone die through those random aoe onehits on our glass cannons, makes a run much more intense and also fun. :thumbup: (Awesome, you can have fun in rofl *exploding-head-emoji, which is missing unfortunately uwu*

But for real, I can understand the perspective as a dps or healer, as the instance is really boring at some point after you mastered all the new events and tactics (without AU). The events between bosses are meant as better as they literally are. I understand the purpose to slow down the run by adding some movement or clicking events between bosses, which definitely are fun to play for the first times, but after a while, it's becoming more and more annoying. Just thinking about the Gargoyl-Section in Inferno, which was reeeeally annoying on release :wacko:

Regarding Bosses in ROFL

The boss events are way too uncreative, since you either have to kite something around, run away from a safe onehit or just stand at one single position, maybe move a meter back if you're unlucky with rng. :/ It doesn't matter, neither where you tank the bosses, nor if you turn them around.

Even B3's front aoe has such a short range, that you need to have very very bad luck (or fps) to die through this. It would make such more sense, if the worms continuously slow the tank down to walking speed, so the dds need to kill or stun them to prevent the tank not being able to avoid the deadly onehit aoe. In that case, the boss should need to be turned much more often and the placement of the food should be timed much better.

B4 could have more phases of his event, not only 1 at 50%, but maybe any 25% while the adds can be aggro'ed by the tank but slow him down to avoid kiting. So dds still need to burst, but with a much better timing.

B5 is okay, but the mob waves are strangely random, which could also be changed to at least 2 definitive waves at 50% and 25%.

Also bosses could become enrage when failing events or become stronger at 15%, so offburst would matter more.

Regarding the "Endgame" topic

Endgame in CoA feels more like Infinity War :whistling: (you know, bcz "Endgame"... :D)

For real, the "highend" instance is not like defeating Thanos to rescue the entire universe, it's more like 12 Avengers fight against beavers, eating their finger nails at bosses and discuss about the gender or species of Melte (which definitely is a seal, you can't tell me it's a fish! :pinch:).

The point is, after my first few ROFL runs I was wondering myself if that was it or did I miss something. :huh: The setting is great, I like these Origin-like designs and also beavers... at least until I realized how the beavers beahave (hehe beaver joke <X) with their random hits on the best-looking paper dd. Why not making it a front aoe to let the tank turn them around? Or maybe an aoe to the back (because beavers could slap the ppl behind with their tails... no?)

The golden gear might be a thing in coming content. I don't do random runs that much, so I can't estimate the real difference between a red-gear-raid and a golden-gear one. From what I experienced with my dd, it's not "that" much, but noticeable though :/

Regarding recycling oldschool content

I think it would already be enough to use the Warnorken Arena model and include some bosses with new and intense events, that could last for like 20 mins each, such as DN endboss did as far as I can remember. :/ Otherwise, what about the "real" oldschool instances, such as Ice dwarven kingdom? I played this customized on a server that doesn't exist anymore, but it was kinda the best instance i've ever done. There are so many different bosses, mobs and events to customize :)

Long story short, I think the current content is okay for like 2 or 3 months but then it becomes boring soon.