Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• First paragraph: I agree that it helps a lot, but it kinda feels like you are saying that your mages are better than ours because you have more optimized rotations. I mean maybe? But you dont really know how we have our stuff set up so that would kinda miss the point.

Second paragraph: I will not deny the possibility of me being wrong in this entire discussion. It was more about the way you guys are representing yourselves on the forums. But whatever this is a discussion thread so lets keep it at that.

Third part: Totally agree. But still people(guilds) would need to work together since different setups(raid combinations, support etc.) would just yield the same variet results we have at the moment. But yeah maybe a really good step to finally get balancing peace. ^^

• Second paragraph: I will not deny the possibility of me being wrong in this entire discussion. It was more about the way you guys are representing yourselves on the forums. But whatever this is a discussion thread so lets keep it at that.

Third part: Totally agree. But still people(guilds) would need to work together since different setups(raid combinations, support etc.) would just yield the same variet results we have at the moment. But yeah maybe a really good step to finally get balancing peace. ^^

I agree. The forum generally is a bad place to judge character, as many of us have learned the hard way. People sounding like absolute jerks here are actually quite friendly when you talk to them. I would like to make sure no bad blood remains from this interaction here. :)

A uniform testing environment would be insanely advantageous to determining the notbale outliers - perhaps we could rework the PvP arena to be a multi-target zone, different corners with different (de)buffs being applied (e.g. none, wl buffs only, additional supports...) and give the baltons in the itnal camp the immunity to aoe of the organs in Jerath have, so that you can have a true single-target experience.

• im using kitty combo and its quite enough for everything, there is nothing i can't do in kittycombo but in a lua script. i don't think i can do better damage with a lua script either.

is there nowadays a possibility in kitty to use skills depending on classes in group? It's just one example I use. If I play a scout/x and there is a scout/rogue in group, I use Vampire Arrows, otherwise not. Same goes for Manadrain Shot if Scout/warrior is in group. I don't use kitty but I have other several things kitty combo (3-4 years ago) didn't have

For playing rogue, kitty is enough I guess, but as scouts with weapon swap need depending on attack speed, I don't think so

• im using kitty combo and its quite enough for everything, there is nothing i can't do in kittycombo but in a lua script. i don't think i can do better damage with a lua script either.

is there nowadays a possibility in kitty to use skills depending on classes in group? It's just one example I use. If I play a scout/x and there is a scout/rogue in group, I use Vampire Arrows, otherwise not. Same goes for Manadrain Shot if Scout/warrior is in group. I don't use kitty but I have other several things kitty combo (3-4 years ago) didn't have

For playing rogue, kitty is enough I guess, but as scouts with weapon swap need depending on attack speed, I don't think so

yes, regular kittycombo is very basic addon and has very few conditions. kittycombo (the one in ArcadiaUtilities) has extra conditions such as "script" where you can do basically anything as you can do in diyce/lua.

personally, i would say only benefit of external scripts for me is i wouldn't need to press "save variables" button 325 times to be sure everything is saved properly before i log out after making a kitty because of most of the time not working variable save system of this game.

the world chico, and everything in it.

• Hello there

Wd/W:

Skill "Frantic Briar" ID: 1490330 have desription that says "if Spirit of The Oak is summoned, it will icrease damage taken of targets by 10% for 15 sec...." but effect it provide on targets gives only 6% damage increament.

Plz fix description or skill effect.

• no, our magicians are not better than yours, and your pdps are very good)

rather, our and your magicians are about equally good :)

• Just realised in ROFL the Scout 99 ISS "Shock Frost Arrow" (490421) misses on all the mobs that I targeted. Do I need wisdom to hit them with it? :huh:

The effect of this skill is for disabling target entirely for 3 seconds, and almost every custom content creature is resistant to such effect.

Greetings

Alright.. then... maybe make it useful? :D Not like disabling the mobs but stunning on a normal way?

• The effect of this skill is for disabling target entirely for 3 seconds, and almost every custom content creature is resistant to such effect.

Greetings

Alright.. then... maybe make it useful? :D Not like disabling the mobs but stunning on a normal way?

Its the same with skills that fear (also don't work). But "Schock Frost Arrow" works on bosses in rofl (which is better than nothing I guess)

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited once, last by Laisha ().

• S/M

Another thing, since all skills (except fireball and lightning strike) are hitting physical, the Throught Squeezing Seal (the magical amulet from Dreamland) isn't working on a proper way :D It just stacks up with any fireball for me, which is... unfortunate. Could you maybe change that? :pinch:

• Champion

• Changed Secret Techniques of the Ruins to additionally increase damage dealt by party members by 10% for 20 seconds if it is used while under effect of Shield Form, but using it will put every skill, which are changing casters form, into 20 seconds of cooldown state.

Really thanks for this change! <3

• Champion

• Changed Secret Techniques of the Ruins to additionally increase damage dealt by party members by 10% for 20 seconds if it is used while under effect of Shield Form, but using it will put every skill, which are changing casters form, into 20 seconds of cooldown state.

Why does the group buff (20s) last longer than the selfbuff (15s) ? Please reduce its duration to 15 seconds as well.

• Champion

Why does the group buff (20s) last longer than the selfbuff (15s) ? Please reduce its duration to 15 seconds as well.

Maybe because the value of the buff is lower on the group buff? higher uptime -> lower buff and vise versa

• Champion

Maybe because the value of the buff is lower on the group buff? higher uptime -> lower buff and vise versa

Well, 10% for the whole group sounds more potent than a 15% selfbuff to me.

• "using it will put every skill, which are changing casters form, into 20 seconds of cooldown state." doesn't it mean you can't change form after using this skill?

@Lutine

elmo: I guess skills like demo-mode will get into CD. But you can cancel Shield Form ( I guess maybe?). Didn't play champ for a long time. There are other ISS which get you out of shield form and let you have no mode. If those ISS don't get CD, you are not forced to stay in shield form

• "using it will put every skill, which are changing casters form, into 20 seconds of cooldown state." doesn't it mean you can't change form after using this skill?

@Lutine

elmo: I guess skills like demo-mode will get into CD. But you can cancel Shield Form ( I guess maybe?). Didn't play champ for a long time. There are other ISS which get you out of shield form and let you have no mode. If those ISS don't get CD, you are not forced to stay in shield form

well i understand part of "every skill" means everything that can somehow change your form, so maybe you can cancel shield form, but won't be able to turn on it again for 20 sec :P but we will see, and even after this patch we only would need to report all those unwanted dependencies

• Well, 10% for the whole group sounds more potent than a 15% selfbuff to me.

i dont see the problem? you as champ can get both buffs. And no dps champ would use the group buff, because you need shield form for it ;)

I just don't get why they increased the duration of the group buff to 20 seconds compared to the 15 seconds vanilla version.

Not a big deal, but it kinda contradicts their efforts to reduce overall group damage.

• i dont see the problem? you as champ can get both buffs. And no dps champ would use the group buff, because you need shield form for it ;)

I just don't get why they increased the duration of the group buff to 20 seconds compared to the 15 seconds vanilla version.

Not a big deal, but it kinda contradicts their efforts to reduce overall group damage.

10% damage and 20 seconds uptime results in less full burst damage output of group than 15% damage + 15 seconds uptime. I don't know if you want 15 seconds + 15% (like the vanilla version)

• I just don't get why they increased the duration of the group buff to 20 seconds compared to the 15 seconds vanilla version.

10% damage and 20 seconds uptime results in less full burst damage output of group than 15% damage + 15 seconds uptime. I don't know if you want 15 seconds + 15% (like the vanilla version)

No, the iss gave 15% attackspeed not damage done. The 10% of the current version affect classes that couldn't utilize the previous version (which is the idea behind the change to damage done), resulting in more group damage than before. At least in mixed groups that make up the majority of runs I'd say.

I think it's reasonable to just cut the new group buff to 15 seconds.