Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• I do not understand being that the dex provides more attack to the rogue or scout in theory going with 6 dex should be stronger compared to 4 dex: 2 str or 3 dex: 3str, I can not understand how a dex character scales better than with force that with its main attribute is something ridiculous or simply its programmers are incapable

• Btw elite skill 40 is missing on this class

Its not missing. The lvl 40 elite skill is "Ice Blades", while the lvl 50 elite skill is "Water Fairy". Its just a loca mistake because when you hover over the skill Ice Blades it says its a lvl 50 skill.

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

• I do not understand being that the dex provides more attack to the rogue or scout in theory going with 6 dex should be stronger compared to 4 dex: 2 str or 3 dex: 3str, I can not understand how a dex character scales better than with force that with its main attribute is something ridiculous or simply its programmers are incapable

Rogues get less patk from 1 dex compared to str, but 90% of the spells have an additional small dex scaling. And tbh i dont see the problem with 3:3 statting, you can take the 3 highest stats which is an insane advantage over other classes. Imagine mages with 2x int int rofl/gorge/inferno :O

Rogues get less patk from 1 dex compared to str, but 90% of the spells have an additional small dex scaling. And tbh i dont see the problem with 3:3 statting, you can take the 3 highest stats which is an insane advantage over other classes. Imagine mages with 2x int int rofl/gorge/inferno :O

From what i know Rogues get 1,3 Patk from 1 Dex and 1,2 Patk from 1 Strength for Scouts it is vise versa ( so i have read in forums some time ago^^).

90% of the Skills from rogues that have a Dex Scaling are from what i have seen are useless(0.2x Dex for example) and only /Druid has a really good Dex scaling (correct me if im wrong here ) .

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• Rogues get less patk from 1 dex compared to str, but 90% of the spells have an additional small dex scaling. And tbh i dont see the problem with 3:3 statting, you can take the 3 highest stats which is an insane advantage over other classes. Imagine mages with 2x int int rofl/gorge/inferno :O

From what i know Rogues get 1,3 Patk from 1 Dex and 1,2 Patk from 1 Strength for Scouts it is vise versa ( so i have read in forums some time ago^^).

90% of the Skills from rogues that have a Dex Scaling are from what i have seen are useless(0.2x Dex for example) and only /Druid has a really good Dex scaling (correct me if im wrong here ) .

Greetings

What you say is true since I asked the GM how much of patack gives me 1 dex and how much 1 str, therefore what is happening is an error of their developers, which does not make sense why make a pj that climbs with dex benefits more with str, gm say something or am I wrong?

• Druid/Warrior is currently severly overperforming. 13kk+ hits in trash with some cd's and kills things faster than other classes before the 30% nerf. Moreover, it has ridculous sustained (AoE) damage.

Keep in mind, we're talking about a class with seeds, offheal, battle rezz & group cleanse (the strongest skill in game imho, that allows you to even skip some mechanics).

All in all, the class needs a serious nerf. I suggest reducing Heart of the Wild to 72% and reverting all abilities back to physical damage.

• Druid/Warrior is currently severly overperforming. 13kk+ hits in trash with some cd's and kills things faster than other classes before the 30% nerf. Moreover, it has ridculous sustained (AoE) damage.

Keep in mind, we're talking about a class with seeds, offheal, battle rezz & group cleanse (the strongest skill in game imho, that allows you to even skip some mechanics).

All in all, the class needs a serious nerf. I suggest reducing Heart of the Wild to 72% and reverting all abilities back to physical damage.

• Reduced Heart of the Wild 2-H axe damage gain to 38% from 86%.

There is the nerf xD

• Reduced Heart of the Wild 2-H axe damage gain to 38% from 86%.

There is the nerf xD

Now that was fast. However, I think this much reduction is an overkill.

• Seems like I overlooked Druid's Knowledge of the Earth passive:D

The nerf should be fine then.

• Greetings,

The skill "Natures Blessing" (ID: 494930) from the Druid/Warrior can be applied on friendly targets even though the description states it will affect your physical damage.
    I don't think this is intended and should be fixed. Otherwise a change of the description would be nice.

Kind Regards
    Nghty

• I just experienced great dissbalance between mdps(mages) and pdps(rogue) in rofl. (T13 gear XIII runes t16/t14 weapon) experienced rogue could not even compete with lower geared mage classes (m/d, m/ch, m/s) and those differences were at the level of i think abou at least 4 - 5 tiers in eq.

Maybe consider lowering mages another % value like it was done few pathes ago with all classes?

• I just experienced great dissbalance between mdps(mages) and pdps(rogue) in rofl. (T13 gear XIII runes t16/t14 weapon) experienced rogue could not even compete with lower geared mage classes (m/d, m/ch, m/s) and those differences were at the level of i think abou at least 4 - 5 tiers in eq.

Maybe consider lowering mages another % value like it was done few pathes ago with all classes?

What did you compare tho? The whole-instance dmg? if yes, mdps will always win. RoFL is super AoE based, not single target. Mages > Rogue when it comes to AoEs. Yes, rogues have some aoes aswell, but mages are better in aoes than rogue. If you compare bossdmg only, Rogue might be better tho. Not 100% sure but incase you want to compare stuff: always take both advantages of the class, and not the advantage of one class and compare it with the downgrade of the other class.In that case, dont compare mage aoe with rogue aoe, but instead with singletarget dmg/burst. That way, you combine of both classes strength

P.S.: i didnt do any tests, this is just my thought

• i say about everything rogue got destroyed even in single target burst at balton (m/s flame spirit dealt 4x 20kk flame hits xD )

i agree, please buff rogues or nerf mages or do both together

edit: i suggest removal of elemental knowledge passive

cheers

the world chico, and everything in it.

Edited once, last by espar91 ().

• or maybe nerf it step by step :D and of course give some love in terms of nerfing dmg of top mage combos :D

• or maybe nerf it step by step :D and of course give some love in terms of nerfing dmg of top mage combos :D

Yes dear dev team, PLEASE NERF IT SLOWLY, dont be like "yea mage is strong, -25% dmg" instead just go -2% and see, -5% and see etc. You should handle it for everything like that imo. either buff or nerf slowly

• I found rogues doing same dmg as my best mage and with some rogue combos I had nothing to do. Let's say I disagree with all this nonsense. Yes Reve, stop trolling xD

Yes dear dev team, PLEASE NERF IT SLOWLY, dont be like "yea mage is strong, -25% dmg" instead just go -2% and see, -5% and see etc. You should handle it for everything like that imo. either buff or nerf slowly

Slow and steady wins the race. I think that many microadjustments instead of big patches would be a better option to achieve long term balance. Inching ever closer to the optimum. :)

• I found rogues doing same dmg as my best mage and with some rogue combos I had nothing to do. Let's say I disagree with all this nonsense. Yes Reve, stop trolling xD

I can agree with that :)

Removing the %elemental dmg would instantly kill the whole class.

Also i don't think rogue is weak. Rogues for example do way more bossdmg.

It really depends on the player too and looking only at one person is not very accurate.

I personally saw enough ppl who played the same class and the one with lower gear did more dmg.

• The fact with way more bossdmg is actually not true. There are mages, which you burst with 30-40kk dps on single target.

If some ppl use balton as reference and the last skill of rogue in first phase is Wound Attack and the first or second hit in second phase is Wound Attack, then yes. Rogues can do way more. But in general I didn't see rogues beating mdps even in single target.

Mage is more skill based than rogue, if you can speak about skill in this game ;) but some rogues does not need any skill, but mages need to get the maximum out of your character

• But in general I didn't see rogues beating mdps even in single target.

I only talk about mages as mage class, not mdps. So when people in this thread say "mages" what is it? mages or mdps? Isn't the same thing xD. As mage (the class), only m/s has good single target (thx to the pet), rest are pure trash.

I only talk about mages as mage class, not mdps. So when people in this thread say "mages" what is it? mages or mdps? Isn't the same thing xD. As mage (the class), only m/s has good single target (thx to the pet), rest are pure trash.

I have very good results on single target bosses as mage/priest, mage/druid and mage/scout as well. I tend to end under the rogues and scout players, but not by much. After that in trash groups it equals out at least or i out dps.

Thats not true. Mage/Warrior and Mage/Priest (maybe Mage/Druid) have also great single target burst. For the rest, I agree^^ . Also ,just my opinion, I think that the global aoe decrement, that was removed on static field was a bit too much. Maybe a dev can correct me if I'm wrong but the global decrement is 40% (I think). I don't suggest just adding that decrement but either add it an buff the damage of static field or add a less %-version. Because, as a mdps and mage player, I think static field is way too strong. I also think that just adding the decrement again would be too much of a nerf so I think, as it was said in the posts before, a step-by-step nerf would be welcome and not a "let's-destroy-this-class" nerf.

In addition to the mage and rogue comparison. What Rogue did you compare with which Mage. Because I can assure you that, just as an example, a Mage/Knight won't even touch a Rogue/Champ. So I generally don't like generalisations like "All Mages are so op" because that is simply not true.

There are some Mages *cough* Mage/Scout *cough* that are too strong currently but definitly not all of them.

I tend to end under the rogues and scout players, but not by much

I agree with most of these classes, but not with Mage/Scout. If I play Mage/Scout there are almost no classes that deal as much damage.

Greetings.

Edited once, last by Laisha ().