Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Hmm for me that mechanic never worked properly on m/s and is a waste of time 😆

For me it worked always pretty well. You just need to cast shot in your ingame macro, instead of in your lua and cast the debuff first in your lua. Then it's applied before the actual shot hits the target. Also since fire rose doesn't trigger gcd, you could rely on that for the entire trash fights. At least that's how I did it until the latest changes regarding shot cd and thunderstorm. Haven't played it since then. :saint:

• Hmm for me that mechanic never worked properly on m/s and is a waste of time 😆

For me it worked always pretty well. You just need to cast shot in your ingame macro, instead of in your lua and cast the debuff first in your lua. Then it's applied before the actual shot hits the target. Also since fire rose doesn't trigger gcd, you could rely on that for the entire trash fights. At least that's how I did it until the latest changes regarding shot cd and thunderstorm. Haven't played it since then. :saint:

Due to distance travel delay, I could never use 3 skills in 1 second on any mage. Fire + shot (both without gcd) + static field (with gcd) was never possible for me. Same as mch bleed + voltage seize + static field isn't working. At the end static is better so I focus on not lose that one. I use kitty and apparently isn't an option 😅

Regards, Madoxx.

• wl/wd: Reduces damage received by 15% for 900 seconds. If you are under effect of Willpower Construct, effect will be doubled.

I guess this can be a dps and a tank changing gear? offtank? Just wanted to say, m/ch have exactly same 30% dmg reduction and isn't enough to be main tank for whole rofl (with tank gear). If main tank is one of its purposes, it wont be enough to survive.

• Heyho,

after a few more runs now i recognized that the mage main classes are WAY behind pdps classes in terms of single target burst.

I know i already said that but it's like 200m to 550m for example or something like this and it's a bit frustrating.

The changes already helped the mage main classes to compete in overall damage (mainly trash ofc) but most mages don't have a chance.

The mage in general has a 3s spammable cast to do his main damage. Every mage can easily push it to a 0,5s cast and thats the cap you can reach.

But increasing the base cast speed would help him to compete in burst fights. You don't use your spammable cast in trash anyway since you have a better alternative on every class than using this. (no trash buff)

Also every mage class have the possibility to get a 5s cast down to a 0,5s cast so then it would matter to use all cast speed buffs instead of using them in offburst where you deal like 0 damage with it.

Especially on the mage/warrior it would be useful since you have "meditative current" which boosts your cast speed.

My suggestion would be to change one LP Buff (which m/w got 2 whyever) to a buff which changes the base cast speed of "Flame" to 5s for 20-30s for example instead of 3s Base cast speed.

(Mage/warrior for example could boost a 11s! cast to 0,5s in burst)

This change would only affect the single target burst dmg and not the trash dmg etc at all. Because in trash no one uses the standard casts of any class anyway or if its a short time buff it wouldn't push the dmg there.

I don't want the mage to be way better than any pdps classes but anywhere near them to compete would be very nice

I'm open for feedback so tell me if i missed a point or if something is wrong^^

Greetings

• Regarding planned wl/wd:

"...Power of the Wood Spirit to inflict 1440 dark damage to targets around your target with 225 range...."

-- 225(!) range spammable AoE around target? srsly?!!=O

Enhanced Weave Curse

Increases all attributes by 12.8% for 1800 seconds.

-- Is this supposed to be a self-buff or is this enhancing the regular 6% for the raid? Giving the raid double the current bonus seems too strong and unnecessary under current circumstances.

Also you design this class to be heavily dependent on Willpower Construct while it is supposed to be a tank, yet you have no way to recover substantial amounts of PSI while being in Constructs. Leaving the Construct (temporarily) to gain PSI again is no option while tanking, but at the same time you rework skills like Otherworldly Whisper to be used somewhat regularly, not even to mention other defensive skills.

So it is again a similar issue as the wl/k had, making this class practicly unplayable - being viable is far out of the question at this point.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

• And...

Stone Shell

Cost: 20 focus

Cooldown: –

Reduces damage received by 15% for 900 seconds. If you are under effect of Willpower Construct, effect will be doubled quadrupled

60% perma damage reduction? Oo If this is also working for percentage hits: wts useless plategear

Tbh: this is definitly to much. Before Nayat got a damage push, I tanked full RoFL AS rogue/priest with tank jewellery only. Rest was pdps statted armor. A full tank statted cloth gear would make the warlock insane? in tanking and PvP with 60% damage reduction. Just my thouhts

• Regarding Warrior/Warlock:

Thank you for the latest changes, W/Wl has become a decent dps. There is still an issue with it though: Spirit Blade Storm, the core mechanic of the class, is very frustrating to use. Especially when playing with different tanks who each do their own pulls, you never know when to use it. Using your stationary 20 sec cd skill when the mobs are pulled out of range feels so bad.

Please change Spirit Blade Storm to be caster-focused like R/M's Hell Blades or remove its cd.

• Usually doesn't work on % hits, for example, b3 mobs dot (80% dwl reduction do nothing on those). Only one I saw reduced and only a small % of times (as mch 30% reduction, almost never work), is b2 small circles. Also need to remember defense of the class is non existant. Idk if 60% will be too much but 30% was for sure (and tested), no way enough, specially on b1. Once we can test those classes the numbers can be easily adjusted, no need to be dramatic 😅

For the psi issue, just need to add 1 psi per charged chop or power of the wood spirit and class is viable again.

Now comparing wl/wd with wl/k, I see knight one is way worse in terms of aoe. While wd have perma channel whisper aoe and power of the wood spirit, knight only have one channel every minute and rest of aoes have no modifier.

I suggest to adjust one of the others aoe of the class for tanking.

• Official Post

Power of the Wood Spirit radius is still same, range is 225, it is working like Druid area heal skill, so requires a target.

Enhanced Weave Curse is a self buff and not related with Sublimation Weave Curse.

Greetings

• DoTs were never effected by percentage reducing skills.

Percentage hits are something like circles b2, Macaca-explosion at Aldo etc.

Btw: Rogue/Priest has way less than 30% damage reduction. It is not possible for b1 anymore, yes, but for rest of the instance it should.

Btw B1 is not as easy for any low def tank ;)

• Heyho,

I saw that you can't remove the skill "Meditation Path" (499588) on the mage/warrior by rightlicking. I hope it can be changed because it's sometimes very annoying that you can't interrupt your cast in any way if this buff is active.

The buff id is 623146. It would be very helpful^^

greetings

• Regarding Warrior/Warlock:

Thank you for the latest changes, W/Wl has become a decent dps. There is still an issue with it though: Spirit Blade Storm, the core mechanic of the class, is very frustrating to use. Especially when playing with different tanks who each do their own pulls, you never know when to use it. Using your stationary 20 sec cd skill when the mobs are pulled out of range feels so bad.

Please change Spirit Blade Storm to be caster-focused like R/M's Hell Blades or remove its cd.

Hey Arcadians,

I have to say that in today's Rofl Run I noticed this class as very strong. The damage is now at an appropriate level compared to other DDs. I had no problems with the mechanics and this was also seen in the damage (see picture in the appendix). If you were to change the skill as in the expected patch notes (Changed Spirit Blade Storm to be attached to caster.), I think balancing becomes too strong a buff for the class. In addition, the warrior has a base with many aoes anyway, such as moon cleave, crescent moon cleave, whirlwind, cyclone and the added Aoes by the Warlock Sec class. If you look at the picture, you can also see that in the single Target "anger kick" is a good way to do damage. Then prefer to omit the patch note: (Reduced Psychic Battle Technique damage gain to 14% from 15%.) which would make almost nothing and so you wouldn't have to implement the Spirit Blade Storm change.

...Pictures say more than a thousand words xD :)

Greetings:thumbup:

• Increased Dark Moon dark damage gain to 50% from 25%.
    • Reduced Shadow Contract heal and dark damage gain to 38% from 49%.
    • Changed Poisonous Widow Embrace to return 3 2 energy for each critical hit it make.
    • Removed Necrotic Wound cooldown time.

My few thoughts. None of these changes will fix the main issue of the class, aoe.

In terms of single dmg:

-Burst got some buff, not huge but maybe is viable.

-Sustain, less dark passive dmg but more energy recovery so I think is a small buff aswell.

About aoes:

-Burst, no change. Remove necrotic wound cd won't do anything. Comparing this with sandstorm. Sandstorm do 85% of our dmg while this is barely a 15% (b2 mobs for example). 3s cd or no cd, doesn't matter, sandstorm is 6 times better. Dwl have way way way better aoe burst 210% poison dmg vs 124% earth from d/r. If we add 400k extra mat... d/r don't have anything to do.

-Sustain, also no change. During our sustain we will have 0 nature points and 0 energy (that is how the class is designed) so even if we wanted, we can't use any of the aoes. Honestly, this is where you should focus, is a disaster and around 20-30% of most mdps (for mages is even higher) overall dmg. None of the others aspects of the class are good enough to afford losing this.

I really think the bleed + aoe combo need a closer look because isn't viable and is one of the weakest things ive seen in all classes Ive tested.

Changing into wl/wd. As some people said and if nothing changes for next patch, class won't be viable without any psi source.

-A suggestion here, I see new warlocks use whisper skill to do dmg, aggro or heal and also buff, consider changing that buff for raid and not party. We can't have them in g1.

-Another repetitive suggestion, Warrior/Priest Defender's Roar, is a 15 mins buff but is still for party and not raid. It is so annoying, please update it.

Regards, Madoxx.

• Regarding W/Wl:

• Changed Spirit Blade Storm to be attached to caster, reduced duration to 10 seconds.

Thank you for this change, will make the class much more pleasant to play. If W/Wl does indeed overperform due to this, the passive always can be cropped further afterwards. However, there are many leather classes atm that deal equal or even more damage than W/Wl, so let's see how it plays out.

Regarding Champion:

Thanks for all the changes to the lesser played combinations and especially for

• Changed Knowledge of Destruction to increase caster’s damage by 12% instead of reducing by 15%.
  • Quote from Planned Change Log
    Implemented 6 new cenedrils.

Does this mean, you want to enable more useful combinations to get the dmg buffs by using 2 magicals for the mdmg buff or 2 phycicals for the pdmg buff? And why 6 new ones then? Can you maybe share the new planned combinations with us?

• Quote from Planned Change Log
    Implemented 6 new cenedrils.

Does this mean, you want to enable more useful combinations to get the dmg buffs by using 2 magicals for the mdmg buff or 2 phycicals for the pdmg buff? And why 6 new ones then? Can you maybe share the new planned combinations with us?

2 dynamic, 2 steadfast and 2 mysticals

I also hope 2 new dynamic provide the buff

• Wl/K

Heresy

Passive

Modifies Holy Strike to be Dark Strike, changes it to inflict 2120 dark damage, recovers 1 Psi, increases its range to 225 and changes cost to 10 focus.

Isn't restoring any Psi.

• Wl/K

Is it intended that Dark Strike recovers PSI while Willpower Effects are running?

Also Dreadful Sleep channel is interrupted when caster is moving, which isn't such a good idea I guess, because its range is very limited, so you need to move to hit more targets. It works with Hasty as the Night, but without it would be more useful since their cooldowns are different.

• Wl/K

Is it intended that Dark Strike recovers PSI while Willpower Effects are running?

Also Dreadful Sleep channel is interrupted when caster is moving, which isn't such a good idea I guess, because its range is very limited, so you need to move to hit more targets. It works with Hasty as the Night, but without it would be more useful since their cooldowns are different.

Remember that you have set skill that allows you to cast while moving, without any duration time. Only pushback is that you are slower and you lose small amount of hp.