Class Balance [Patch 10.2.1.1000] & Bard

• Mage/Warlock

• Increased Soul Pain damage over time by 400%.

This change tells me you think of this class more as an dd than a supporter, which I really like. This increment is a nice adjustment to the already good damage Soul Pain deals with it's initial damage. The main problem I see is that, as already mentioned in some earlier posts, currently the trash dies so fast, it's impossoble to apply Elemental Extraction which is why you mostly use/have to use Soul Pain (1-2sec cast won't even finish casting, depending on the group). That leaves you pretty fast with no focus (and the fact that you are almost always moving doesn't help).

So I suggest you let a skill,e.g. "Energy Influx", recover focus, which would help this classes damage, especially in the trash, and it's sustain damage.

Greetings.

This skill should be instant without focus problems and without gcd so we can use static field at the same time. Is the only option for mages to do some sustained dmg.

Exactly the same for mage/priest. Remove the priest tide skill cd so we can spam it (probably increase its dmg since is really bad).

Add m/r and shadowstab.

Lately with big partys and everyone finally golden finished gear im having really huge problems with sustained mages like mch or ms to catch up in overall dmg with some pdps, or some mdps with short buffs like mwd or cast speed related like swl. I'm wondering if at the end we will need same cast speed modifier for all mages (like pdps have) and start balance again. Not in burst 3s skills but in static field and the spammable sustain skill we use in most classes.

• First of all, thank you for the upcoming Patch!

Scouts get some love from their mother.

Hurricane Downpure needs a test.

I have an question for Scout/rogue. Is it intended, that Poisonous Spit is dependend on main hand dps? Most scouts are statting their main hand and have no raid rune in it. If it is a mistake, I totally appreciate to change the scaling by ranged weapon

Good work!!!

Kind regards.

• Reduced Vampire Shot effect retrigger cooldown to 10 seconds, changes focus regeneration 80% focus consumption reduction.

Thank you for helping with the focus issue, need to be testes but this sounds like it may fix majority of the focus issues, will see, thank you for listening!

Cheers!

• In light of significant number of phys dps now doing elemental damage and not just mdps in the past, i wonder if you could consider adding 162 pcrit in addition to 162 mcrit for all elemental damage titles (e.g. 4% dark/light/earth etc). I think that would be appropriate else mcrit is obviously not needed for phys dps :D Please consider.

Cheers!

• Knight/Mage

• Changed Holy Light Domain to generate 10% more aggro if a shield is equipped, fixed its description was wrong before obtaining level 40 elite.

I want to propose to modify this tank into magic tank. We don't have proper aggro sets so change this class skills into magical will allow us to have atleast 1 magical tank now that wd/d magical tanking is a disaster while losing 65% mattack.

Knight is usually requiring ISS, they will need a magical adapt aswell. It might not be easy but since you are changing ISS these days, I think is the right time to ask for it.

Have a good day.

• Couple more comments from me:

1) Forgot child - wd classes - was mention before, wd with 1 str = 1.5 pa can not compete with warr or champs that get 2 pa per 1 str; I tried multiple combos and none can get closer to either warr or champ. Biggest issue is lack of pa where for RoFL mobs have ca 2.5 kk pd, and wds lack pa, they have ~20% less than warr or champs with identical gear. What is really needed to revive wd (I am sure you see that very few play wd end game) is to boost pa by 15-20%.

I suggest for the protection of nature add 15% pa and see how it performs, i think with extra 15% pa it could get closer to warriors/champs and offer more options for chain users - I really like wd and want to play it in rofl but atm its not viable.

2) For wd/w combo (my fav) also underperforms relative to e.g. wd/wl - I suggest make it more earth oriented damage with the Frantic Briar already doing earth - perhaps change Charge Chop, Power of the Wood Spirit, Beast chop and Pulse Mastery to do earth and change for the Frantic Briar instead of decreasing damage dealt by targets to increase earth damage on targets by 20% ( or just raw increase of the earth damage similar to ch/wd - then have duration similar to cd of the skill) for 15 secs if hits

3) I suggested before a quality of life change - kinetic explosion - it just resets Imprisonment Pulse, please make it no gcd.

Thank you!

• I see a change for wd/s, i think this could be a step into the right direction ( I did not like prev design was not working very well even with lack of pa for wds in general the class was still worse than wd/wl), but i suggest few more:

1) wd/s - add option to use gun, would make sense + add gun damage buff similar to ch/s

2) Blood arrow - add melee damage increase too, else atm its not even used - i suggest something similar to w/s or ch/s.

3) Anti-Magic Arrow - make it no gcd and increase damage to 700 range dps - that would be main spammable bow/gun skill to use in addition to wd skills

Thank you!

• Knight/Mage

• Changed Holy Light Domain to generate 10% more aggro if a shield is equipped, fixed its description was wrong before obtaining level 40 elite.

I want to propose to modify this tank into magic tank. We don't have proper aggro sets so change this class skills into magical will allow us to have atleast 1 magical tank now that wd/d magical tanking is a disaster while losing 65% mattack.

Knight is usually requiring ISS, they will need a magical adapt aswell. It might not be easy but since you are changing ISS these days, I think is the right time to ask for it.

Have a good day.

I really like the idea of a magical tank in theory, that brings my mind back into oldschool content. <3

I also like playing other classes than mage with magical gear and also appreciate it might be possible some day for any other dps-player to play any class for dps. That's what i liked most in other mmo games I played.

But I really dislike the idea of mixing roles with gears. Imho tanks should use heavy (plate) armor, dps use chain, lether and cloth and healers cloth. I'm not a friend of champion class which can do like nearly everything with only one gear, but that's a topic I don't wanna start at this point ;) Imo you should have a clear cut between classes and roles, because in other games you also cannot play tank with medium or light armor (or let's say: not very well/viable).

Atm I'm asking myself why not selling my plate and light armor and building a new chain one, which can do both dps and tanking. The idea of a magical tank would make me think about selling my plate and keeping only my cloth gear.

Also I strongly believe, that healers might be able to tank in their gears if K/M comes how suggested as well. So in case you really think about implementing this, get sure not to make other classes/gears of the same role useless. <3

• But I really dislike the idea of mixing roles with gears. Imho tanks should use heavy (plate) armor, dps use chain, lether and cloth and healers cloth.

I really think you are confusing our game with other mmos. Gear (plate, chain, leather, etc) in our server means almost nothing, all depends how we stat it. Im not asking for a magical tank that can tank like champs with dps gear (in this case cloth), wasn't my suggestion at all. Im asking for a magical tank full stamina/def statted but with cloth (purple pieces) because there isn't a cloth dedicated tank set. Physical classes could use leather or chain (doesn't require plate) with a knight to tank, I want the same chance with atleast 1 tank class.

Regards.

• But I really dislike the idea of mixing roles with gears. Imho tanks should use heavy (plate) armor, dps use chain, lether and cloth and healers cloth.

I really think you are confusing our game with other mmos. Gear (plate, chain, leather, etc) in our server means almost nothing, all depends how we stat it. Im not asking for a magical tank that can tank like champs with dps gear (in this case cloth), wasn't my suggestion at all. Im asking for a magical tank full stamina/def statted but with cloth (purple pieces) because there isn't a cloth dedicated tank set. Physical classes could use leather or chain (doesn't require plate) with a knight to tank, I want the same chance with atleast 1 tank class.

Regards.

Why should you stat cloth gear with stamina? I mean, most ppl I see tanking without plate are playing champ, or especially champ/knight (which is another topic for itself...), not really knight. Last player i saw playing knight without having plate armor wasn't effective at all. Maybe in rofl it's possible to even tank as rogue or whatever, but I think about the game in general. However, if defensive cloth was viable to tank with, I would like to have an offensive statted plate armor to deal dps as well :P Don't get me wrong, I know right what you mean, but I don't see the need for it, since if it comes to your stats, you could just choose other gear and there you go.

• I don't see the need for it, since if it comes to your stats, you could just choose other gear and there you go.

Because is a magical class with physical aggro skills, thats why :) Other gears aren't magical. I don't think im asking for something crazy.

• I really think you are confusing our game with other mmos. Gear (plate, chain, leather, etc) in our server means almost nothing, all depends how we stat it. Im not asking for a magical tank that can tank like champs with dps gear (in this case cloth), wasn't my suggestion at all. Im asking for a magical tank full stamina/def statted but with cloth (purple pieces) because there isn't a cloth dedicated tank set. Physical classes could use leather or chain (doesn't require plate) with a knight to tank, I want the same chance with atleast 1 tank class.

Regards.

... Maybe in rofl it's possible to even tank as rogue or whatever, but I think about the game in general....

Not maybe. I tanked successfully as rogue/warden, rogue/priest, rogue/knight and scout/knight *g*

But Madox I think AOE aggro would be ok with knight/mage because Holy Light Domain is scaling with magical crit and mdmg i guess. Also the second hit of Wirlwind Shield is scaling with magical attributes.

Maybe one option would be, if you have Light Energy Weapon active, Holy Strike and Shield Bash (maybe! and Wirlwind Shield first hit) could scale with magical attributes? Some other class combinations have such skill changes too while a buff is active or not.

• I think he doesn't have the blood rune weapon active, so you can easily burst for 30 seconds without falling over, and the skills eat up significantly more HP without it.

I recommend to play alone, not just read the skills.

Was that addressed to me ? I play the class and the HP loss under Blood Rune Weapon is no different than with Champion/Kundi or Champion/Hexer. You can play the class without any problems even if there is no healer nearby. Furthermore, the class has skills for HP generation. If you still have problems, I recommend playing a different class combination.

• ch/m power within prevents getting magic barrier from w/p - i suspect that was done before when the skill was also doing damage reduction, but since the power within skill was changed plz allow magic barrier to be used together with that skill.

• ch/m power within prevents getting magic barrier from w/p - i suspect that was done before when the skill was also doing damage reduction, but since the power within skill was changed plz allow magic barrier to be used together with that skill.

CH/m is also immune to Warlock´s Soothing Paradoxon (498554) looks like to be the same issue .

Greetings

If you identify a UFO as a UFO , then it becomes an FO. Unless it has landed , then it is simply an -> O

Edited once, last by Cruvor ().

• concerning magical tanks: during gorge times we had a k/m who tanked in purple cloth gear with some sta/int and some sta/sta stats on it and wielding hammer+shield.

Aggro (single target+AoE) and defense were fine then and since k/m only got buffed during class balancing, I dont see why this wouldnt still be possible without further changes...

Cheers! :thumbup:

Think! It's not illegal yet.

I'm just here for the drama.

CH/m is also immune to Warlock´s Soothing Paradoxon (498554) looks like to be the same issue .

Greetings

good to know thank you! Please check/update that as well plz :D

• Official Post

ch/m power within prevents getting magic barrier from w/p - i suspect that was done before when the skill was also doing damage reduction, but since the power within skill was changed plz allow magic barrier to be used together with that skill.

Greetings

ch/m power within prevents getting magic barrier from w/p - i suspect that was done before when the skill was also doing damage reduction, but since the power within skill was changed plz allow magic barrier to be used together with that skill.

This isn't a bug but an intended behaviour, Elemental Defense isn't usable with some similar effects.

Greetings

• Sounds good, thanks for clarifying!

Regards,

Rakot

• Mage/Warlock

• Increased Soul Pain damage over time by 400%.

This change tells me you think of this class more as an dd than a supporter, which I really like. This increment is a nice adjustment to the already good damage Soul Pain deals with it's initial damage. The main problem I see is that, as already mentioned in some earlier posts, currently the trash dies so fast, it's impossoble to apply Elemental Extraction which is why you mostly use/have to use Soul Pain (1-2sec cast won't even finish casting, depending on the group). That leaves you pretty fast with no focus (and the fact that you are almost always moving doesn't help).

So I suggest you let a skill,e.g. "Energy Influx", recover focus, which would help this classes damage, especially in the trash, and it's sustain damage.

Greetings.

Changed Industry Fire to recover 25 focus everytime Soul Pain inflicts a damage over time damage.

Thank you! Although I don't know what exactly you mean by "changed" but if you remove anything from Industrial Fire, please only remove/change the lesser focus cost of Soul Pain because otherwise this whole change would be pointless.

Also I think the Scou/Warlock changes are quite good ;)

Greetings.

It's time again for CoA - Chain of Arcadia

Edited 2 times, last by Laisha ().

• Proposed change: "Increased physical attack gain per strength to 1.6."

Hi, i think the change will help abit but still wont be enough to bridge pa gap - please consider to go 1.8 and then if you see it performs too strongly (I doubt it) then can lower, extra 0.1 per in my opinion wont be enough - please consider.